Last Updated: February 10, 2017
Welcome and thank you for your interest in HHITT, Inc. (“HHITT”). The following Subscription Agreement (“Subscription Agreement”) is governed by and hereby incorporates by reference the HHITT End User License Agreement, available at hitcheck.com/end-user-license-agreement/, (“EULA”) and any other additional terms incorporated by reference herein (collectively, the “Agreement”). The Agreement governs your access and use of HHITT’s services, software, and products as specified in your Order, which may include without limitation HHITT’s Hitcheck concussion testing applications for mobile devices (the “App”) and web services made available to you through or in connection with the Hitcheck website located at www.hitcheck.com, including without limitation all sub-domains thereof (collectively, the “Site”), (collectively, the “Service”). The use of the App and the Service by a Registered User (as defined in the EULA) will be governed by the EULA. If you are entering into this Agreement on behalf of an organization, company, business organization, commercial enterprise, not-for profit organization or other entity, including without limitation any sports league or team (collectively, “Organization”) you represent that you have the authority to bind such Organization to this Agreement and references to “you” and “your” refer to the Organization using the Service.
PLEASE READ THIS AGREEMENT CAREFULLY, AS IT CONSTITUTES A BINDING LEGAL AGREEMENT BETWEEN YOU AND HHITT. BY CLICKING “I AGREE”, SUBMITTING AN ORDER, SIGNING AN ORDER OR OTHER PURCHASING AGREEMENT THAT REFERENCES THIS SUBSCRIPTION AGREEMENT, OR SUBSCRIBING TO THE SERVICE, YOU ARE INDICATING THAT YOU HAVE READ, UNDERSTOOD, AND AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THIS AGREEMENT. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THIS AGREEMENT, PLEASE DO NOT USE THE SERVICE. SUBSCRIPTIONS TO THE SERVICE ARE AVAILABLE ONLY TO INDIVIDUALS AND ORGANIZATIONS THAT CAN FORM LEGALLY BINDING CONTRACTS UNDER APPLICABLE LAW. IF YOU DO NOT QUALIFY FOR THE SERVICE, PLEASE DO NOT ATTEMPT TO REGISTER FOR, ACCESS, OR USE THE SERVICE.
You acknowledge and agree that, as provided in more detail in the EULA and this Subscription Agreement:
- the Service is provided “as is” without warranties of any kind and HHITT’s liability to you is limited, as further described in Sections 8and 9 below and Sections 1, 14 and 15 of the EULA;
- the App is licensed, not sold, and you may use the Service only as set forth in the EULA;
1. DEFINITIONS. As used in this Agreement, the following capitalized terms will have the meanings set forth below. All terms not defined in this Agreement will have the meanings set forth in the EULA.
1.1 “Features” means the features and functionality of the Service you select in the Order and/or are otherwise made available to you by HHITT, including without limitation Fees, payment terms, and number of permitted Authorized Accounts, Registered Users, devices and account profiles
1.2 “Fees” means the Service fees payable by you to HHITT, as described in the Order and as may be changed from time to time in accordance with this Agreement.
1.3 “Order” means (i) the physical, electronic, or online HHITT order form, as applicable, which is accepted by HHITT and describes your Subscription and/or (ii) any other agreement regarding the purchase of a Subscription which is executed by you and HHITT and references this Subscription Agreement.
1.4 “Your Administrative Users” means any Registered User that is granted administrative access and permission to view account and/or test result information that is added to the service by you or your Registered Users via an administrative access code. Your Administrative Users may include coaches, league organizers, and medical professionals.
1.5 “Your Registered Users” means any user(s) that create an account on the Service using your access code, as described in Section 2.2. If you are a sports team, league, or other sporting organization, “Your Registered Users” may include, without limitation you, and your staff, coaches, students, trainers, nurses, doctors, and players.
1.6 “Subscription” means the Service with the Features identified in the Order.
2. THE SERVICE
2.1 Access; Ownership. You agree to use the App and the Service in accordance with the terms of the EULA. HHITT is licensing, not selling the App. By purchasing a Subscription to the Service, you agree that you are only purchasing the right to access the Service in accordance with the EULA, this Agreement and any limitations set forth in the applicable Order. As between the parties, HHITT retains all right, title and interest in and to the Service, including without limitation all intellectual property rights related to the foregoing, as further described in Section 13 of the EULA. The Service is protected by United States copyright, trade dress, patent, trade secret and trademark laws, international conventions, and all other applicable laws. You agree to assign and hereby do assign and otherwise transfer all right, title and interest in and to any feedback or suggestions you provide to HHITT, without payment or restriction, and understand and agree that HHITT may use such feedback or suggestions in its sole discretion, without payment or restriction.
2.2 Access Codes. When you purchase a Subscription to the Service, you will receive an access code to permit designated users to access and use the Service at your or Your Administrative Users’ invitation, including by creating accounts for themselves or third parties, in accordance with the terms of the EULA (“Authorized Accounts”). The number of Authorized Accounts you and Your Registered Users can create may be limited as set forth in the Order. You are solely responsible at all times for ensuring that all accounts created using your access code are used solely in accordance with this Agreement, and for the activities of any person accessing the Service using any Authorized Account. HHITT may suspend access to your use of the Service or App as provided in Sections 6.2 through 6.4 or terminate your Subscription, in whole or in part, at any time if HHITT reasonably determines that such action is appropriate to (i) prevent errors or any other harm with respect to the Service, App, or other properties, services, web sites and applications serviced by the Service, (ii) respond to you or your Registered Users’ breach of this Subscription Agreement or the EULA, as applicable, or (iii) limit HHITT’s liability. HHITT will use reasonable efforts to notify you following any such suspension or termination.
3. END USERS
3.2 International Use. HHITT makes no representations that the Service is appropriate or available for use in locations outside of the United States. If you access or use the Service from other jurisdictions, you understand and agree that you do so at your own risk and are responsible for compliance with local law.
4. MODIFICATIONS; ADDITIONAL TERMS.
4.1 Changes to the Subscription Agreement. HHITT reserves the right to revise this Subscription Agreement in its sole discretion at any time and without prior notice to you on a going forward basis, which will be reflected by the “Last Updated” date above. HHITT will post the revised Agreement within the Service. Please check this Agreement periodically for any changes. In the event that a change to this Agreement materially modifies your rights or obligations, HHITT will make reasonable efforts to notify you of such change. HHITT may provide notice through a pop-up or banner within the Service, by sending an e-mail to any address HHITT may have on file for you, or through other mechanisms. Additionally, if the changed Agreement materially modifies your rights or obligations, HHITT may require you to provide consent by accepting the changed Agreement. If HHITT requires your acceptance of the changed Agreement, changes are effective only after your acceptance. If you do not accept the changed Agreement, HHITT may terminate you and Your Registered Users’ access to and use of the Service. All other changes are effective upon publication of the changed Agreement. Disputes arising under this Agreement will be resolved in accordance with the version of the Agreement in effect at the time the dispute arose.
4.2 Evolving Nature of the Service. The Service is subject to change from time to time. HHITT reserves the right, at its discretion, to change, modify, add, remove, or discontinue the Service, in whole or in part, at any time without liability to you. HHITT does want to hear from its users so do not hesitate to send HHITT an email at email@example.com to let HHITT know what you think. However, if you are at any time dissatisfied with the Service, your sole remedy is to discontinue use of the Service.
5.1 Fees. You agree to pay all of the Fees in the Order. Unless otherwise stated in the Order, Fees for the Service will be invoiced in advance in accordance with the terms of the Order. You authorize HHITT or its third party payment providers to charge you for all Fees by the payment method indicated on the Order (the “Payment Method”). If you pay any Fees with a credit card, HHITT may seek pre-authorization of your credit card account prior to your purchase to verify that the credit card is valid and has the necessary funds or credit available to cover your purchase. You acknowledge and agree that any credit card and related billing and payment information that you provide to HHITT may be shared by HHITT with companies that work on HHITT’s behalf, such as payment processors for the purposes of effecting payment to HHITT, and servicing your account. The terms of your payment will be based on your chosen Payment Method and may be determined by agreements between you and the financial institution providing such Payment Method. Payment obligations are non-cancellable and all fees are non-refundable unless otherwise provided by law. Notwithstanding the foregoing, you may be given a refund of the Fees you have paid in advance for the unused portions of the Term if the Service is permanently discontinued by HHITT or if this Agreement or your Subscription is terminated by HHITT for any reason other than as provided in this Sections 2.2, 5.1 or 6.2 of this Subscription Agreement or for violation of the EULA. If your Payment Method fails or your accounts are past due, (i) you agree to pay all amounts due on your account upon demand, (ii) HHITT may collect fees owed using other collection mechanisms, (iii) HHITT reserves the right to either suspend or terminate you and Your Registered Users access to the Services, or your account with HHITT, as described in Section 6.2 and/or (iv) you agree to pay a late fee of 1.5% per month, or the maximum charge permitted by law, whichever is less. You are responsible for paying any and all withholding, sales, value added or other taxes, duties or charges applicable to this Agreement, other than taxes based on HHITT’s income.
5.2 Automatic Subscription Renewal. As described in Section 6.1 below, your subscription may automatically renew at the end of the initial term if auto-renewal is indicated in the applicable Order. HHITT will bill the periodic subscription fee to the payment method you provide to us during registration (or to a different payment method if you change your account information). If you purchase an automatically renewing subscription, you must cancel your subscription before it renews in order to avoid billing of the next periodic subscription fees to your account. IF YOU CANCEL YOUR SUBSCRIPTION BEFORE THE END OF A CURRENT SUBSCRIPTION PERIOD, YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE A REFUND FOR THE REMAINDER OF YOUR CURRENT SUBSCRIPTION PERIOD. You must cancel your subscription before the end of the term to avoid charges for the renewal term. YOU CAN CANCEL YOUR SUBSCRIPTION SERVICE AT ANY TIME WITH AT LEAST 15 DAYS NOTICE BY CONTACTING HHITT AT firstname.lastname@example.org, AS FURTHER DESCRIBED IN SECTION 6.1 BELOW.
6. TERM; TERMINATION.
6.1 Term. The initial term of this Agreement shall be as described in the Order. IF INDICATED IN THE ORDER, THE TERM OF THIS AGREEMENT WILL AUTOMATICALLY RENEW FOR CONSECUTIVE SUBSCRIPTION PERIODS AS DESCRIBED IN THE ORDER (EACH SUCH RENEWAL PERIOD, COLLECTIVELY WITH THE INITIAL TERM, IS THE “TERM”), UNLESS YOU PROVIDE US WITH NOTICE OF YOUR INTENT TO TERMINATE THE AGREEMENT BY CONTACTING US AT email@example.com AT LEAST 15 DAYS PRIOR TO A SCHEDULED RENEWAL PERIOD OR WE TERMINATE THIS AGREEMENT. If automatic renewal is not indicated in the Order, then the Term will expire at the end of the initial term indicated in the Order unless the term is renewed through an additional Order.
6.2 Suspension. If you or your use of the Service negatively affects, or is reasonably expected to negatively affect, any part of the Service, including without limitation in the event of breach of your payment obligations, then HHITT reserves the right to suspend the Service or change the level of the Service, including without limitation the Features, provided to you, with or without notice and without liability to you. If your account is thirty (30) days or more overdue (except with respect to charges then under reasonable and good faith dispute), in addition to any other rights and remedies (including the termination rights set forth in the Agreement), HHITT reserves the right, upon at least ten (10) days prior written notice to you (including via email), to suspend the Subscription to the Services and provision of Services without liability to HHITT until such account is paid in full. Additionally, if requested by a parent, guardian, or Registered User, we may delete data as requested by such parent, guardian, or Registered User and/or close the corresponding Registered User’s account.
6.3 Termination for Cause. HHITT shall have the right to immediately terminate this Agreement should you breach any of your representations and warranties in the Agreement. Either party may terminate this Agreement effective immediately if the other party is in material breach of any obligation, representation or warranty hereunder and fails to cure such material breach (if capable of cure) within 30 days (or 10 days in the event of breach of payment obligations) after receiving written notice of the breach from the non-breaching party.
6.4 Termination for Convenience. HHITT at its sole discretion, has the right to terminate this Agreement and any Order and refuse any and all current or future use of the Service by you, for any reason at any time without any liability (other than a refund as described in Section 5.1) to you upon 30 days’ prior notice to you. You may also terminate this Subscription Agreement and your Subscription and discontinue your use of the Service at any time by providing HHITT 30 days’ prior written notice of termination, provided that no refund will be made for payments already made by you and that all payments that would have been due by you to HHITT throughout the remaining Term if such termination had not taken place shall immediately become payable in full by you to HHITT.
7. REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES.
7.1 Mutual. Each party represents and warrants to the other party that: (a) it has the full power and authority to enter into this Agreement; (b) the execution of this Agreement and performance of its obligations under this Agreement does not violate any other agreement to which it is a party; and (c) this Agreement constitute a legal, valid and binding obligation when executed and delivered.
8. DISCLAIMER. For purposes of clarity, and without limiting any other terms of this Subscription Agreement or the EULA, you acknowledge and agree that the provisions below apply to you and your users’ use of the service.
8.1 No Medical Liability. HHITT disclaims all liability related to medical advice or services provided in connection with the Service, and as a result of, or in relation to the use of the Service. HHITT offers Tests through the App and Service and does not, and does not intend to, provide medical or health-related services, advice, or act in any way as a medical or health-related provider. HHITT is not a practitioner and is not a medical organization, hospital, healthcare provider, or employer of medical professionals.
8.2 The Service is Not a Medical Device. The App and Service do NOT prevent or predict concussions, and are not a substitute for a doctor’s examination or expertise in the event of a possible injury. The App and Service will NOT indicate whether a concussion has occurred. Head contact in any sport may result in concussion or a brain injury. Symptoms include, without limitation: loss of consciousness or memory, dizziness, headache, nausea or confusion. If anyone has these symptoms, regardless of the Results, you should seek medical advice immediately. Anyone with a potential brain injury should not return to contact sports without clearance from a medical professional.
8.3 No Medical Advice. HHITT does not provide medical advice. You acknowledge and agree that the Service and all information made available in connection with the Service are licensed solely for informational purposes and that the Service and Results do not constitute medical advice. Results provided through the use of the Service may not be relevant for an individual’s personal situation. A true or complete healthcare assessment of any person requires a medical examination by a person licensed to do so, as well as information not obtained from the Service. You acknowledge that the product is only one component of a concussion diagnosis and management protocol, and you agree to seek the advice of qualified medical personnel who is experienced in the diagnosis and management of concussions to determine if the Test is suitable for use in connection with any potential injury and to interpret any Results. The product is intended only to provide data that may be used to assist in the diagnostic (and any return to play) decision after a head injury; the product does not replace critical judgment. HHITT does not screen or participate in the selection of any medical practitioner on the Service. In addition, we do not recommend or endorse any practitioners or health-related products, items, or services. It is your responsibility to select the appropriate medical professional and add them as an Administrative User on the App or otherwise provide them with access to the Results. Your use of the App does not create a patient relationship with HHITT, and you assume full risk and responsibility for the use of or reliance on information you obtain from or through the App. IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY, CALL YOUR DOCTOR OR 911 IMMEDIATELY. THE SERVICE IS NOT INTENDED FOR EMERGENCY SITUATIONS. NEVER DISREGARD PROFESSIONAL ADVICE OR DELAY IN SEEKING IT BECAUSE OF INFORMATION YOU READ ON THE SERVICE
9. NO WARRANTIES; NO MEDICAL ADVICE; “AS IS.” EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY SET FORTH IN THE EULA, THE SERVICE AND THE APP, ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND YOU AGREE THAT YOUR USE AND YOUR END USERS’ USE OF THE SERVICE, THE APP, THE ASSESSMENTS AND ANY RESULTS IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK AND THAT HHITT, THE APP, AND THE SERVICE DO NOT PROVIDE ANY MEDICAL ADVICE. IF YOU THINK YOU OR ONE OF YOUR USERS MAY HAVE A CONCUSSION, SEEK MEDICAL HELP IMMEDIATELY. EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY SET FORTH IN THE EULA AND TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, HHITT DOES NOT MAKE ANY WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WITH RESPECT TO THE SUBJECT MATTER OF THIS AGREEMENT, AND EACH PARTY EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, NONINFRINGEMENT, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND IMPLIED WARRANTIES ARISING FROM COURSE OF DEALING OR PERFORMANCE. PLEASE SEE SECTIONS 15 AND 16 OF THE EULA FOR OTHER IMPORTANT DISCLAIMERS AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY, WHICH ARE INCORPORATED HEREIN BY REFERENCE.
10. INDEMNIFICATION. You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold HHITT and its affiliates and their respective directors, officers, employees and contractors harmless from and against any liabilities, damages or expenses (including without limitation reasonable attorneys’ fees) arising out of any claim, demand, action, or proceeding initiated by a third party to the extent arising out of or relating to: (i) the alleged or actual breach of any of your covenants, representations or warranties in this Agreement, (ii) Your Registered Users, (iii) use of the Service through one of Your Registered Users’ accounts, (iv) you or Your Registered Users’ violation of any third party right, including any intellectual property right or publicity, confidentiality or other property, or privacy, right, and (iv) any dispute or issue between you and any third party. We reserve the right, at our own expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you (without limiting your indemnification obligations with respect to that matter), and in that case, you agree to cooperate with our defense of that claim.
11.1 Publicity. You hereby grant HHITT the right to use your name, trademarks and logos in connection with customer references on the Services and in the App, in customer lists, in presentations, in promotional and marketing materials, or in any other similar manner. You agree not to use any HHITT logos, graphics, or trademarks without HHITT’s express written consent.
11.2 Relationship of the Parties. The parties are independent contractors with respect to each other. This Agreement does not constitute and shall not be construed as constituting a partnership or joint venture among the parties, or an employee-employer relationship. No party shall have any right to obligate or bind any other party in any manner whatsoever, and nothing herein contained shall give, or is intended to give, any rights of any kind to any third parties.
11.3 Government Use. The Service, App and any related documentation or materials are “Commercial Items,” as that term is defined at 48 C.F.R. §2.101, consisting of “Commercial Computer Software” and “Commercial Computer Software Documentation,” as such terms are used in 48 C.F.R. §12.212 or 48 C.F.R. §227.7202, as applicable. Consistent with 48 C.F.R. §12.212 or 48 C.F.R. §227.7202-1 through 227.7202-4, as applicable, the Commercial Computer Software and Commercial Computer Software Documentation are being licensed to U.S. Government end users (a) only as Commercial Items and (b) with only those rights as are granted to any other end users pursuant to the terms and conditions in this Agreement. Unpublished-rights reserved under the copyright laws of the United States.
Last updated February 10, 2017
Welcome and thank you for your interest in HHITT, Inc. (“HHITT”). The following End User License Agreement (“EULA”), together with any applicable Subscription Agreement between you and HHITT, governs your access and use of HHITT’s services, software, and products, including without limitation HHITT’s Hitcheck concussion testing applications for mobile devices (the “App”), and web services made available to you through or in connection with the HHITT website located at http://www.hitcheck.com, including without limitation all sub-domains thereof (collectively, the “Site”) (collectively, the “Service”). If you are entering into these Terms on behalf of an organization, company, business organization, commercial enterprise, non-for profit organization or other entity, including without limitation any sports league or team (collectively, “Organization”) you represent that you have the authority to bind such Organization to these Terms and references to “you” and “your” refer to the Organization using the Service, you in your individual capacity, and any other users using the service on behalf of such Organization
You acknowledge and agree that, as provided in greater detail in these Terms:
- the App is licensed, not sold to you, and you may use the Service only as set forth in these Terms and any applicable Subscription Agreement between you and HHITT;
- your use of the Service may be subject to separate third party terms of service and fees, including without limitation the terms of service and data, SMS, MMS, and other fees of your mobile network operator (the “Carrier”), which are your sole responsibility;
- the Service is provided “as is” without warranties of any kind and HHITT’s liability to you is limited;
- access to certain features of the Service may require access to information about the location of your device, such as GPS coordinates; and,
- if you are using the App on an iOS-based device, you agree to and acknowledge the “Notice Regarding Apple”, below.
1. HHITT Services.
1.1 Defined Terms. As used in these Terms, “Registered User” means any end user that creates an account on the Service. Registered Users include all Administrative Users. As used in these Terms, “Administrative User” means any Registered User that is granted administrative access and permission to view account and/or Result information for other Registered Users via an administrative access code. Administrative Users may include coaches, league organizers, and medical professionals. All other defined capitalized terms have meanings ascribed to them elsewhere in these Terms.
1.3 No Medical Advice. HHITT does not provide medical advice. You acknowledge and agree that the Service and all information made available in connection with the Service are licensed solely for informational purposes and that the Service and Results do not constitute medical advice. Results provided through the use of the Service may not be relevant for an individual’s personal situation. A true or complete healthcare assessment of any person requires a medical examination by a person licensed to do so, as well as information not obtained from the Service. You acknowledge that the product is only one component of a concussion diagnosis and management protocol, and you agree to seek the advice of qualified medical personnel who is experienced in the diagnosis and management of concussions to determine if the Test is suitable for use in connection with any potential injury and to interpret any Results. The product is intended to only to provide data that may be used to assist in the diagnostic (and any return to play) decision after a head injury; the product does not replace critical judgment. HHITT does not screen or participate in the selection of any medical practitioner on the Service. In addition, we do not recommend or endorse any practitioners or health-related products, items, or services. It is your responsibility to select the appropriate medical professional and add them as an Administrative User on the App or otherwise provide them with access to the Results. Your use of the App does not create a patient relationship with HHITT, and you assume full risk and responsibility for the use of or reliance on information you obtain from or through the App. IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY, CALL YOUR DOCTOR OR 911 IMMEDIATELY. THE SERVICE IS NOT INTENDED FOR EMERGENCY SITUATIONS. NEVER DISREGARD PROFESSIONAL ADVICE OR DELAY IN SEEKING IT BECAUSE OF INFORMATION YOU READ ON THE SERVICE.
1.4 Not a Medical Device. The Service is not a medical device. The Service does NOT prevent or predict concussions, and is not a substitute for a doctor’s examination or expertise in the event of a possible injury. The Service will NOT indicate whether a concussion has occurred. Head contact in any sport may result in concussion or a brain injury. Symptoms include, without limitation: loss of consciousness or memory, dizziness, headache, nausea or confusion. If anyone has these symptoms, regardless of the Results, you should seek medical advice immediately. Anyone with a potential brain injury should not return to contact sports without clearance from a medical professional.
1.5 Disclaimer. Without limiting Sections 14 and 15 of this EULA, HHITT disclaims all liability related to medical advice or services provided in connection with the Service, and as a result of, or in relation to the use of the Service. HHITT offers Tests and does not, and does not intend to, provide medical or health-related services, advice, or act in any way as a medical or health-related provider. HHITT is not a practitioner and is not a medical organization, hospital, healthcare provider, or employer of medical professionals.
1.6 Relationship of the Parties. Neither these Terms, performance of the Service, nor a practitioner’s performance will create an association, partnership, joint venture, or relationship of principal and agent, or employer and employee, between you and HHITT or any medical practitioner and HHITT.
1.8 Payment. Access to the Service, or certain features of the Service, may require you to pay fees and/or enter into a Subscription Agreement with HHITT. In certain circumstances, a third party may pay fees on your behalf by purchasing a subscription to the Service and/or providing an access code for your account. Your access to the Service may terminate upon expiration or termination of any Subscription Agreement that is applicable to your account.
2. Eligibility. You must be at least thirteen (13) years of age to register as a Registered User on the App. By agreeing to these Terms, you represent and warrant to us: (i) that you are at least thirteen (13) years of age; (ii) that you have not previously been suspended or removed from the Service; and (iii) that your registration and your use of the Service is in compliance with any and all applicable laws and regulations. You hereby understand and agree that individuals under the age of thirteen may not create an account as a Registered User on the Service and that individuals under the age of thirteen may only access the Tests with the consent of a parental or legal guardian. You will not permit or encourage any individual under the age of thirteen to create a personal account or profile on the Service or enter any personal information into the Service, in connection with your account.
3.2 Additional Terms. Your use of the Service is subject to any and all additional terms, policies, rules, or guidelines applicable to the Service or certain features of the Service that we may post on or link to on the Service (the “Additional Terms”), such as end-user license agreements for any downloadable applications that we may offer, or rules applicable to particular features or content on the Service, subject to Section 11 below. All Additional Terms are hereby incorporated by reference into, and made a part of, these Terms.
4. Accounts and Registration. To access some features of the Service, you must register for an account. When you register for an account, you may be required to provide us with some information about yourself (such as your e-mail address, age or other contact information). You agree that the information you provide to us is accurate and that you will keep it accurate and up-to-date at all times. When you register, you will be asked to provide a password. You are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account and password. You agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your account, and for any individual that enters information, uses the Tests, or obtains Results through your account. If you have reason to believe that your account is no longer secure, then you must immediately notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. App Terms. The terms of this Section 5 govern your acquisition and/or use of our App.
5.1 Third Party Accounts. In order to download the App, you may be required by the third party who is distributing or providing you access to the App, such as Apple, Inc. or Google, Inc. (each, a “Distributor”) to create an account. You are solely responsible for maintaining the security of any logins, passwords, or other credentials that you select or that are provided to you to access your account with any Distributor. Your use of any account with a Distributor is subject to any terms, conditions, and policies, including privacy policies, of that Distributor. HHITT is not responsible for any act or omission of any Distributor.
5.2 License to the App. Subject to your complete and ongoing compliance with all the terms and conditions set forth in these Terms (including, without limitation, payment of any applicable fees and compliance with all license restrictions), HHITT grants you: (1) a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-sublicensable, revocable license to one copy of the App downloaded directly from HHITT or from a legitimate marketplace (such as Apple’s iTunes store or Google’s Google Play), solely in object code format and solely for your personal use for lawful purposes, on a single compatible device that you own or control; and (2) permission to access and use the Service, only for your personal, informational use, and solely through the use of a licensed copy of the App or the Site. If a third party has purchased a subscription for your access to the Service, you acknowledge and agree that your right to use the Service, including the App, may terminate upon expiration or termination of such subscription. You may not reproduce, distribute, publicly display, or publicly perform the App or any part of the Service. Except if, and solely to the extent that, such a restriction is impermissible under applicable law, you may not (a) decompile, reverse engineer, or otherwise access or attempt to access the source code for the App, or make or attempt to make any modification to or derivative work of the App; or (b) interfere with or circumvent any feature of the App, including without limitation any security or access control mechanism. You may not use the App or the Service for any purpose other than a purpose for which the App and the Service are expressly designed. The term App, as used herein, includes any update or modification to the App made available to you by HHITT (unless provided with separate terms). If you are prohibited under applicable law from using the App or the Service, you may not use them.
5.3 Access to the App; Third Party Fees. HHITT does not provide you with the equipment to use the App. You are responsible for all fees charged by third parties to access and use the App (e.g., charges by Carriers). Without limiting the foregoing, you are solely responsible for the payment of all applicable fees associated with any Carrier service plan you use in connection with your use of the Service (such as data, SMS, MMS, roaming, and other applicable fees charged by the Carrier). Accordingly, you should use care in selecting a service plan offered by your Carrier.
5.4 Special Terms Regarding Apple. If you download software from Apple, Inc.’s App Store, your use of the software must at all times be in accordance with the Usage Rules set forth in the Apple, Inc. App Store Terms of Service, and you acknowledge that these Terms are between you and HHITT only, not with Apple. Apple is not responsible for the Service and the content thereof. This Agreement is not intended to provide for usage rules for software that are less restrictive than the Usage Rules set forth for “Licensed Applications” in, or that otherwise conflict with, the App Store Terms of Service. Apple has no obligation whatsoever to furnish any maintenance and support services with respect to the Service. In the event of any failure of the Service to conform to any applicable warranty, then you may notify Apple and Apple will refund any applicable purchase price for the App to you; and, to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, Apple has no other warranty obligation whatsoever with respect to the Service. Apple is not responsible for addressing any claims by you or any third party relating to the Service or your possession and/or use of the Service, including, but not limited to: (i) product liability claims; (ii) maintenance and support; (iii) any claim that the Service fails to conform to any applicable legal or regulatory requirement; and (iv) claims arising under consumer protection or similar legislation. Apple is not responsible for the investigation, defense, settlement and discharge of any third party claim that the Service and/or your possession and use of the App infringe that third party’s intellectual property rights. You agree to comply with any applicable third party terms, when using the Service. Apple, and Apple’s subsidiaries, are third party beneficiaries of these Terms, and upon your acceptance of these Terms, Apple will have the right (and will be deemed to have accepted the right) to enforce these Terms against you as a third party beneficiary of these Terms. You hereby represent and warrant that (i) you are not located in a country that is subject to a U.S. Government embargo, or that has been designated by the U.S. Government as a “terrorist supporting” country; and (ii) you are not listed on any U.S. Government list of prohibited or restricted parties.
6. User Content
6.1 User Content Generally. Certain features of the Service may permit Registered Users to submit a variety of content, including Results, messages, photos, images, video, data, text, documents, and other types of works, including the submission of corrections, modifications, additions, or enhancements to other content already available through the Service (collectively, “User Content”) and to publish User Content on the Service. As between HHITT and you, you retain ownership of all copyright and any other proprietary rights that you may hold in the User Content that you post to the Service, and you do not transfer ownership of any of your intellectual property rights in your User Content to HHITT.
6.3 Information about Others. You promise to keep all information provided to you through the Service, including personal information provided by other Registered Users, as private and confidential and will not give such information to anyone without the permission of the person who provided it to you.
6.4 Recordkeeping. The Service may store information related to individuals, practitioners, Results and communications. However, you acknowledge and agree that the Service is not a data source of record that meets regulatory recordkeeping requirements. You are solely responsible for making and maintaining backup copies of information submitted to the Service. HHITT will have no liability whatsoever to you arising out of or in connection with any loss, compromise, or corruption of any data you may submit, receive, transmit, or store through the Service. Once you terminate your account, you will no longer have access to retrieve or obtain any of your User Content.
6.6 User Content Representations and Warranties. You are solely responsible for your User Content and the consequences of posting or publishing User Content. By submitting, posting, publishing, or sharing User Content, you affirm, represent, warrant, and covenant that:
• you are the creator and owner of, or have the necessary licenses, rights, consents, and permissions to submit, post, publish, and share such User Content with HHITT and others, and to authorize HHITT and Registered Users and licensees of the Service to use and distribute your User Content as necessary to exercise the licenses granted by you in this Section 6 and in the manner contemplated by these Terms;
• your User Content, and the use thereof as contemplated herein, does not and will not: (i) infringe, violate, or misappropriate any third-party right, including any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, moral right, privacy right, right of publicity, or any other intellectual property or proprietary right; or (ii) slander, defame, or libel any third-party; and
• your User Content is accurate and up to date, is not fraudulent, misleading, unlawful, inappropriate, or obscene, and does not violate any law or regulation, or constitute false advertising or any other unfair business practice.
6.7 User Content Disclaimer. HHITT is under no obligation to edit or control User Content that you or other Registered Users post or publish, and will not be in any way responsible or liable for User Content. HHITT may, however, at any time and without prior notice, screen, remove, edit, or block any User Content that in our sole judgment violates these Terms or is otherwise objectionable. You understand that when using the Service you may be exposed to User Content and a variety of other data and information from a variety of third party sources and acknowledge that such User Content, data, and information may be inaccurate, offensive, indecent, inappropriate, or objectionable. You agree to waive, and hereby do waive, any legal or equitable rights or remedies you have or may have against HHITT with respect to such User Content, data, or information, and we expressly disclaim any and all liability in connection with such User Content, data, or information. If notified by a Registered User or content owner that User Content does not conform to these Terms, we may investigate the allegation and determine in our sole discretion what course of action to take, which we reserve the right to do at any time and without notice. For clarity, HHITT does not permit copyright-infringing or other unlawful activities on the Service.
7. Digital Millennium Copyright Act
7.1 DMCA Notification. We comply with the provisions of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act applicable to internet service providers (17 U.S.C. §512, as amended). If you have any complaints with respect to material posted on the Service, you may contact our Designated Agent at the following address:
Attn: Copyright Agent
420 Mission Bay Blvd N #1401
San Francisco, CA 94158
Any notice alleging that materials hosted by or distributed through the Service infringe intellectual property rights must include the following information:
(a) an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright or other right being infringed;
(b) a description of the copyrighted work or other intellectual property that you claim has been infringed;
(c) a description of the material that you claim is infringing and where it is located on the Service;
(d) your address, telephone number, and email address;
(e) a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the use of the materials on the Service of which you are complaining is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
(f) a statement by you that the above information in your notice is accurate and that, under penalty of perjury, you are the copyright or intellectual property owner or authorized to act on the copyright or intellectual property owner’s behalf.
7.2 Repeat Infringers. HHITT will promptly terminate without notice the accounts of Registered Users that are determined by HHITT to be “repeat infringers.” A repeat infringer is a Registered User who has been notified of infringing activity more than twice and/or has had User Content removed from the Service more than twice.
8. Conduct. BY USING THE SERVICE YOU AGREE:
8.3 that you will use information which is stored or accessible to you through the Service for the sole internal purposes of taking Tests and monitoring and managing Results and for no other purpose (such as marketing or advertising);
8.4 not to use the Service (including the submission, transmission, modification, addition, or deletion of any User Content or other content available through the Service) for any illegal or improper purpose, or in violation of any local, state, national, or international law, or in a manner that violates any rule, regulation or industry self-regulatory regime, including without limitation applicable laws, rules, regulations, and self-regulatory requirements relating to privacy or data protection, or for any purpose other than your personal, non-commercial purposes;
8.5 not to violate, or encourage others to violate, the rights of HHITT or third parties, including by infringing or misappropriating any HHITT third party intellectual property rights;
8.6 not to post, upload, or distribute any User Content or other content that is unlawful, defamatory, libelous, inaccurate, or that a reasonable person could deem to be objectionable, profane, indecent, pornographic, harassing, threatening, embarrassing, hateful, or otherwise inappropriate or off topic;
8.7 not to interfere with security-related features of the Service, including without limitation by (i) disabling or circumventing features that prevent or limit use or copying of any content, or (ii) reverse engineering or otherwise attempting to discover the source code of the Service or any part thereof except to the extent that such activity is expressly permitted by applicable law;
8.8 not to interfere with the operation of the Service or any Registered User’s enjoyment of the Service, including without limitation by (i) uploading or otherwise disseminating viruses, adware, spyware, worms, or other malicious code, (ii) defaming, harassing, abusing, threatening, stalking or defrauding others (iii) making unsolicited offers or advertisements to other Registered Users of the Service, (iv) attempting to collect, personal information about Registered Users or third parties without their consent; or (v) interfering with or disrupting any networks, equipment, or servers connected to or used to provide the Service, or violating the regulations, policies, or procedures of such networks, equipment, or servers;
8.9 not to perform any fraudulent activity including impersonating any person or entity, claiming false affiliations, accessing the Service accounts of others without permission, or falsifying your age or date of birth;
8.10 not to use web scraping, web harvesting, or web data extraction methods to extract data from the Service;
8.11 not to sell or otherwise transfer the access granted herein or any Materials (as defined in Section 12 below) or any right or ability to view, access, or use any Materials;
8.12 not to cause nuisance, annoyance, inconvenience, or property damage to any Registered User or any other party (in certain instances, we may require you to provide proof of identity or credentials to access or use the Service, and you may be denied access or use of the Service if you refuse to provide proof of identity);
8.13 not to attempt to do any of the foregoing described in Sections 8.4 through 8.12, or assist or permit any persons in engaging or attempting to engage in any of the activities described in Sections 8.4 through 8.12.
9. Third-Party Services and Linked Websites. HHITT may provide tools through the Service that enable you to export information, including User Content, to third party services, including through features that allow you to link your account on HHITT with an account on a third party service. By using these tools, you agree that we may transfer such information to the applicable third-party service. Such third party services are not under our control, and we are not responsible for their use of your exported information. The Service may also contain links to third-party websites. Such linked websites are not under our control, and we are not responsible for their content.
10. Termination of Use; Discontinuation and Modification of the Service. If you violate any provision of these Terms, your permission to use the Service will terminate automatically. Additionally, HHITT, in its sole discretion may terminate your account on the Service or suspend or terminate your access to the Service at any time, with or without notice, including without limitation as described in Section 1.8. We also reserve the right to modify or discontinue the Service at any time (including, without limitation, by limiting or discontinuing certain features of the Service) without notice to you. We will have no liability whatsoever on account of any change to the Service or any suspension or termination of your access to or use of the Service. You may terminate your account at any time by contacting customer service at email@example.com.
11. Changes to the Terms. We reserve the right, at our discretion, to change these Terms on a going-forward basis at any time. Please check these Terms periodically for changes. In the event that a change to these Terms materially modifies your rights or obligations, we will make reasonable efforts to notify you of such change. We may provide notice through a pop-up or banner within the Service, by sending an email to any address you may have used to register for an account, or through other mechanisms. Generally, modifications to the Terms are effective upon publication, provided that if the changed Terms materially modify your rights or obligations, HHITT may require you to provide consent by accepting the changed Agreement. If HHITT requires your acceptance of the changed Agreement, changes are effective only after your acceptance. If you do not accept the changed Agreement, HHITT may terminate your access to and use of the Service. All other changes are effective upon publication of the changed Agreement. Disputes arising under this Agreement will be resolved in accordance with the version of the Agreement in effect at the time the dispute arose.
12. Ownership; Proprietary Rights. The Service is owned and operated by HHITT. The visual interfaces, graphics, design, compilation, information, data, computer code (including source code or object code), products, software, services, and all other elements of the Service (the “Materials”) provided by HHITT are protected by all relevant intellectual property and proprietary rights and applicable laws. All Materials contained in the Service, as well as raw data and information and statistical and analytical data related to, associated with, or based on individual and aggregate usage and usage trends with respect to the Service, and all intellectual property rights therein and thereto, are the property of HHITT or our third-party licensors. Except as expressly authorized by HHITT, you may not make use of the Materials, provided that HHITT does not purport to limit your right to use your User Content outside of the Service, and other Registered Users may separately grant you rights to their User Content. HHITT reserves all rights to the Materials not granted expressly in these Terms.
13. Indemnity. You agree that you will be responsible for your use of the Service, and you agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless HHITT and its officers, directors, employees, consultants, affiliates, subsidiaries and agents (collectively, the “HHITT Entities”) from and against any and all claims, liabilities, damages, losses, and expenses, including reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs, arising out of or in any way connected with (i) your access to, use or misuse of, or alleged use or misuse of the Service; (ii) your violation of these Terms or any representation, warranty, or agreements referenced herein, or any applicable law or regulation; (iii) your violation of any third-party right, including without limitation any intellectual property right, publicity, confidentiality, property or privacy right; (iv) your User Content, (v) use of the Service through your account, or (vi) any disputes or issues between you and any third party. We reserve the right, at our own expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you (and without limiting your indemnification obligations with respect to such matter), and in such case, you agree to cooperate with our defense of such claim.
14. Disclaimers; No Warranties
14.1 THE SERVICE AND ALL MATERIALS AND CONTENT AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SERVICE ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND ON AN “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTY OR CONDITION OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. HHITT SPECIFICALLY (BUT WITHOUT LIMITATION) DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, RELATING TO THE SERVICE AND ALL MATERIALS AND CONTENT AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SERVICE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO (i) ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, QUIET ENJOYMENT, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT; AND (ii) ANY WARRANTIES ARISING OUT OF COURSE OF DEALING, USAGE, OR TRADE. HHITT DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE SERVICE OR ANY PART THEREOF, OR ANY MATERIALS OR CONTENT OFFERED THROUGH THE SERVICE WILL BE ACCURATE, UP TO DATE, UNINTERRUPTED, SECURE, OR FREE OF ERRORS, VIRUSES, OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS, AND DO NOT WARRANT THAT ANY OF THE FOREGOING WILL BE CORRECTED.
14.2 NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY YOU FROM THE SERVICE OR ANY MATERIALS OR CONTENT AVAILABLE ON OR THROUGH THE SERVICE WILL CREATE ANY WARRANTY REGARDING HHITT OR THE SERVICE THAT IS NOT EXPRESSLY STATED IN THESE TERMS. YOU ASSUME ALL RISK FOR ALL DAMAGES THAT MAY RESULT FROM YOUR USE OF OR ACCESS TO THE SERVICE, YOUR DEALINGS WITH OTHER REGISTERED USERS OR OTHER THIRD PARTIES, AND ANY MATERIALS OR CONTENT AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SERVICE. YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT YOU USE THE SERVICE AND USE, ACCESS, DOWNLOAD, OR OTHERWISE OBTAIN MATERIALS OR CONTENT THROUGH THE SERVICE AND ANY ASSOCIATED SITES OR SERVICES AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK, AND YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR PROPERTY (INCLUDING YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM USED IN CONNECTION WITH THE SERVICE) OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE USE OF THE SERVICE OR THE DOWNLOAD OR USE OF SUCH MATERIALS OR CONTENT.
14.3 SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY PROHIBIT A DISCLAIMER OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES AND YOU MAY HAVE OTHER RIGHTS THAT VARY FROM JURISDICTION TO JURISDICTION.
15. Limitation of Liability
15.1 IN NO EVENT WILL HHITT BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS OR BUSINESS, CLAIMS RELATED TO DIAGNOSTIC ACCURACY AND/OR MEDICAL MALPRACTICE, GOODWILL, USE, DATA, OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES) ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO YOUR ACCESS TO OR USE OF, OR YOUR INABILITY TO ACCESS OR USE, THE TESTS, RESULTS, SERVICE OR ANY MATERIALS OR CONTENT ON THE SERVICE, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), STATUTE OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, WHETHER OR NOT HHITT HAS BEEN INFORMED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.
15.2 YOU AGREE THAT THE AGGREGATE TOTAL OF ALL LIABILITY OF HHITT TO YOU FOR ANY AND ALL CLAIMS ARISING OUT OF RELATING TO THE USE OF OR ANY INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICE (INCLUDING ANY MATERIALS, TESTS, RESULTS, OR CONTENT AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SERVICE) OR OTHERWISE UNDER THESE TERMS, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT, OR OTHERWISE, IS LIMITED TO, AND SHALL NOT EXCEED THE GREATER OF (A) THE PRODUCT FEES PAID FOR YOUR ACCESS TO THE SERVICE IN ACCORDANCE WITH THIS AGREEMENT OR (B) $100. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THIS IS A REASONABLE ALLOCATION OF RISK FOR YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE.
15.3 SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES. ACCORDINGLY, THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
15.4 EACH PROVISION OF THESE TERMS THAT PROVIDES FOR A LIMITATION OF LIABILITY, DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES, OR EXCLUSION OF DAMAGES IS TO ALLOCATE THE RISKS UNDER THESE TERMS BETWEEN THE PARTIES. THIS ALLOCATION IS AN ESSENTIAL ELEMENT OF THE BASIS OF THE BARGAIN BETWEEN THE PARTIES. EACH OF THESE PROVISIONS IS SEVERABLE AND INDEPENDENT OF ALL OTHER PROVISIONS OF THESE TERMS. THE LIMITATIONS IN THIS SECTION 15 WILL APPLY EVEN IF ANY LIMITED REMEDY FAILS OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE.
16. Governing Law. These Terms shall be governed by the laws of the State of California without regard to conflict of law principles. To the extent that any lawsuit or court proceeding is permitted hereunder, you and HHITT agree to submit to the personal and exclusive jurisdiction of the state courts and federal courts located within Santa Clara County, California, for the purpose of litigating all such disputes.
17. General. These Terms, together with any other agreements expressly incorporated by reference herein, constitute the entire and exclusive understanding and agreement between you and HHITT regarding your use of and access to the Service, and except as expressly permitted above may be amended only by a written agreement signed by authorized representatives of all parties to these Terms. You may not assign or transfer these Terms or your rights hereunder, in whole or in part, by operation of law or otherwise, without our prior written consent. We may assign these Terms at any time without notice. The failure to require performance of any provision will not affect our right to require performance at any time thereafter, nor shall a waiver of any breach or default of these Terms or any provision of these Terms constitute a waiver of any subsequent breach or default or a waiver of the provision itself. Use of section headers in these Terms is for convenience only and shall not have any impact on the interpretation of particular provisions. In the event that any part of these Terms is held to be invalid or unenforceable, the unenforceable part shall be given effect to the greatest extent possible and the remaining parts will remain in full force and effect. Upon termination of these Terms, any provision that by its nature or express terms should survive will survive such termination or expiration, including, but not limited to, Sections 1.3 through 1.7, 5 through 8, 10, and 12 through 21.
19. Open Source Software. The App may include open source software or third party software. Any such software is made available to you under the terms of the applicable licenses, which may be made available to you through an open source notice file or a link on our Site.
20. Contact Information. The services hereunder are offered by HHITT, Inc., located at 420 Mission Bay Boulevard N #1401, San Francisco, CA, 94158. You may contact us by sending correspondence to the foregoing address or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are a California resident, you may have these Terms mailed to you electronically by sending a letter to the foregoing address with your electronic mail address and a request for these Terms.
21. Notice to California Residents. If you are a California resident, California Civil Code Section 1789.3 allows you to contact the Complaint Assistance Unit of the Division of Consumer Services of the California Department of Consumer Affairs in writing at 1625 N. Market Blvd., Suite S-202, Sacramento, California 95834, or by telephone at (800) 952-5210, in order to resolve a complaint regarding the Service or to receive further information regarding use of the Service.
“Personal Information” can be used to readily identify, contact, or locate you.
“Personal Information” means information that alone or when in combination with other information may be used to readily identify, contact, or locate you, such as: name, address, email address, or phone number. We do not consider Personal Information to include information about a device or that has been anonymized so that it does not allow a third party to easily identify a specific individual.
THE SERVICE COLLECTS YOUR INFORMATION
We collect Personal Information when you:
- register to use the Service;
- submit such information about others;
- otherwise use the Service; and
- communicate with us.
We also collect information, such as anonymous usage statistics, by using cookies, server logs, and other similar technology as you use the Service.
Registration and Account Information. Registered users must create an account to use the Service and they must be over the age of 13 to create an account. To create an account, you may need to provide Personal Information, such as your name, telephone number, and email address. You may also provide other optional information.
Using the Service. We collect the information provided by registered users through the Service.
Assessments. We collect the responses that registered users allow team members to submit when they take assessments. Assessment responses do not contain Personal Information.
Making Payments. When you make payments through the Service, you may need to provide financial account information, such as your credit card number, to our third-party service providers. We do not store such information, but we may pass the payment information to our service provider to facilitate the transaction. We may receive information about completed transactions from such service providers that does not include credit card or bank account numbers.
Communicate with Us. We may collect Personal Information through your communications with our customer-support team or through other communications with us, including through social media.
Information and Content from Your Device. The Service automatically collects information about your device, such as a device ID and browser type, so that we can provide and customize functionality, such as push notifications.
Automatic Data Collection: Cookies and Related Technologies. When you visit our Service or open our emails, we and our third-party partners, such as analytics providers, may collect certain information by automated means, such as cookies, web beacons and web server logs. The information collected in this manner includes IP address, browser characteristics, device IDs and characteristics, operating system version, language preferences, referring URLs, and information about the usage of our Service. We may link this data to your profile. Our partners also may collect information about your online activities over time, on other devices, and on other websites or apps. When they provide such services, they are governed by their own privacy policies. You may be able to change browser settings to block and delete cookies when you access the Service through a web browser. However, if you do that, the Service may not work properly.
By using the Service, you are authorizing us to gather, parse, and retain data related to the provision of the Service. We may retain such information, including Personal Information, indefinitely.
HOW HHITT USES YOUR INFORMATION
We use Personal Information to:
- facilitate and improve our services; and
- communicate with you.
We may use aggregate information for any purpose, including for marketing purposes.
Internal and Service-Related Usage. We use information, including Personal Information, for internal and service-related purposes. We may use and retain any data we collect to provide and improve any of our services.
Communications. We may send email to the email address you provide to us, push notifications to your mobile device if they are enabled, or text messages, to verify your account and for informational and operational purposes, such as account management, customer service, system maintenance, and other Service-related purposes.
Marketing. We may use information, including Personal Information, to provide online advertising on the Service and to send you information we think may be useful or relevant to you. You may opt out of email marketing by using the unsubscribe link in a marketing email.
Aggregate Data. We may anonymize or aggregate data collected through the Service and use and disclose it for any purpose.
HHITT MAY DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your Personal Information:
- with our third-party vendors and service providers;
- with other users;
- to comply with legal obligations;
- to protect and defend our rights and property; and
- with your permission.
We do not rent, sell, or share Personal Information about you with other people or nonaffiliated companies for their direct marketing purposes, unless we have your permission.
We Use Vendors and Service Providers. We may share any information we receive with vendors and service providers we use to help us provide and improve the Service. For example, we will provide Personal Information to payment processors as part of financial transactions, and telephone numbers to third parties to send account verification text messages.
Displaying to Other Users. The information and content you provide to the Service may be displayed on the Service to other users. A registered user and other users designated by that registered user can see all of the information, including Personal Information, about all team members associated with that registered user’s account. This permits team staff and health care professionals to see information about team members. We are not responsible for how users will use the posted information.
Marketing. We do not rent, sell, or share personal information (as defined by California Civil Code § 1798.83) about you with other people or unaffiliated companies for their direct marketing purposes, unless we have your permission. We may allow access to data collected by the Service to enable the delivery of personalized online advertising on the Service an on other websites, mobile apps, or online services, or to send you information we think may be useful or relevant to you.
You may be able to opt out of receiving personalized advertisements from advertisers or advertising networks who are members of the Network Advertising Initiative or who subscribe to the Digital Advertising Alliance’s Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising by visiting the opt-out sections on the websites of each of those organizations. Links to those sites are here:
Network Advertising Initiative: http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/
Digital Advertising Alliance: http://www.aboutads.info/choices/
When you opt out of personalized advertising, you may continue to see online advertising on the Site and/or our ads on other Internet websites.
Legal and Similar Disclosures. We may access, preserve, and disclose collected information, if we believe doing so is required or appropriate to: comply with law enforcement requests and legal process, such as a court order or subpoena; respond to your requests; comply with the law; or protect your, our, or others’ rights, property, or safety.
Merger, Sale, or Other Asset Transfers. If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, financing due diligence, reorganization, bankruptcy, receivership, sale of HHITT assets, or transition of service to another provider, your information may be sold or transferred as part of such a transaction as permitted by law and/or contract. We cannot control how such entities may use or disclose such information.
With Your Permission. We may also disclose your Personal Information with your permission.
The Service is intended to be used by adults, such as league staff, coaches, and parents, and they may submit information about children under 13.
Parents may contact us if their child has provided us with personal information without their consent.
The Service is not directed to children under the age of 13. The Service is intended to be used by leagues, coaches, and parents to assess team members, who may be children under the age of 13. We do not permit individuals to create accounts if they submit a birth date that indicates they are under the age of 13. However, we allow registered users to submit information, including personal information (as defined by the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act), about children under the age of 13.
If you learn that your child has provided us with personal information without your consent, you may alert us at email@example.com. If we learn that we have collected any personal information from children under 13, we will promptly take steps to delete such information and communicate with the registered user to not re-submit your child as a team member.
By using the Service, you will transfer data to the United States.
UPDATE YOUR INFORMATION OR POSE A QUESTION OR SUGGESTION
If you are under the age of 18 and a California resident, you may request that content or information you posted to the Service no longer be publicly accessible from the Service by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. After completing the request, we may continue to hold your content and information and such content and information may remain publicly available if your association with the content and information is removed or another user posted, copied, or re-posted the content and information.
420 Mission Bay Boulevard N #1401
San Francisco, CA, 94158
Effective Date: July 29, 2016